Monday 11 July 2011

Two t-shirts and a net curtain!

So I really love the idea of taking something old and making something new. Here is a project that taught me a lot of lessons. I found this tutorial and when I finally realised how it works (after watching it about 4 times) I gave it a go: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-sew-tube-top-lace-dress-for-prom-yourself-343522/


So here they are I have to say my motivation for using them was mostly impatience as no material store is open at 9pm on a Friday.


I'm not going to add all the pics I took but here you can see the two tees made into the tube and skirt.




All sewn in place now to just sew down the outside seem. Sounds so simple, which in reality it should be but I had to take it apart and re-do it 3 times but voila the dress and my dog.....




It's not the most perfectly made dress but the idea I absolutely love so I'm using it as a prototype and will buy some material and make a better one. Also going to be adding some tutorials soon, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this idea, I would definitely try this tutorial. Good thing we have severalold net curtains and plenty of old clothes or shirts that we can use. I was just wondering isn't the net curtain fabric kinda itchy?

    ReplyDelete